The following FAQs are available to help you gain better understanding of how London Translation Agency operates and what you can expect from our services.
1. How do I order?
You can place your order online by following four simple steps:
• Fill out the quotation form on your right
• Upload your document. Files are transmitted through encryption method to ensure utmost security and secrecy
• Wait for our quotation and facilitate payment
We accept credit/debit card payments and bank transfers using online payment methods including PayPal.
2. Do you have a minimum quote/price?
Yes, we do. For the best use and application of our time, we have £50 as the minimum order value.
3. What file formats are accepted?
Our translation agency works with almost all types of file formats, both the editable text and formats including, but not limited to:
• Adobe PDF
• Microsoft Office formats: Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
• Web pages
• Image formats
• Software formats such as xml
4. Do you offer bulk order discounts?
Yes, we do if you will be able to submit an approved glossary of previously translated work projects by professional translators.
5. How do you calculate your prices?
We use different approaches when preparing a quote. Depending on the target language is, we charge by word, by line or by page. This is because no two documents are the same, with varying degrees of complexity and specifications.
6. Why do some languages cost more?
Like everything else in life, the price of translation is largely based on the supply and demand. The fewer the translators and the rarer the language, the higher the translation price will be. Of course, rarity is a relative concept. Additionally, projects that deal with Asian languages are understandably more labor intensive. All of these are carefully taken into account.
7. Do you charge extra for some urgent translation assignments?
All urgent assignments typically cost more than the regular translation work. This is because translators are often required to work faster and for extended hours to complete the assignments on time. The surcharges can range from 10% to 50%, depending to whether the translators will be required to work into the night or during holidays and weekends to complete the job on time.
8. Do the words 'a/an' and 'the' count in terms of pricing?
This is a common question among our clients. The answer is: yes, such words are included in the word count and pricing. Translators typically base their rates on word count and use the word count feature to calculate their prices. It is also important to keep in mind that even little and seemingly insignificant words often require great deal of thought.
For further information on our translation services call our team or email us.